Monday, March 28, 2011

Timp Return


This past Saturday I returned for another night on the Timp. This go-round I took another trail from the southeast & I went with my good friend and I guess you can say hiking mentor, Tribes.  We hiked in on the 1777 trail to Timp Torne trail to reach the summit. Just a really good night to be sleeping on a mountain. As a matter of fact, this was the best sleep I ever had outdoors. Big props to Big Agnes. I love their air core pads. 2.5 inches of awesome comfort. I slept till 8:30am and really didn't want to get out of my bag. We started another fire to warm up around 9:30am and ate some chow.

We decided to hike to West Mtn Shelter, then link up with the Ramapo Dunderberg (Kamikaze) back to the Timp Torne trail. Somewhere around 11am we hit the trail. It was a beautiful day to be hiking. We came to Cat's Elbow on the Kamikaze trail and stopped to enjoy the view and I chowed down some more on my gorp,cheese and pepperoni. 10 minutes later as we were sitting there,  a doe came within 20 feet of us and didn't even see us or care we were there. It was awesome, just watching her act completely normal, relaxed, unstressed. After a few minutes the doe moved on and out of view and then we hit the kamikaze trail again.

Kamikaze Trail
Taking our time and enjoying the scenery we eventually reached our startpoint around 2:30 in the afternoon and headed home. It was a great overnight hike in a park that keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment